I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by not just one, but TWO amazing bloggers. Three Descriptors and Mom In Fort Collins. This means so much to me, especially because I respect them and their writing so much!! Thank you both! And thanks for everyone who takes the time to read my blog, even though there are no fancy pictures, cartoons, or even a cool logo. (mostly because I don’t know how to do any of those things.)
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 or 20.(or as many as I can think of…)
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Ok. Seven Random Facts… this should be easy since I am totally random anyway and thoroughly enjoy talking about myself (hence the blog)
1. If I could have one Superpower it would be to be able to give anyone instant diarrhea. Imagine what you could do with that power… you would never have to wait in line, you would never lose an argument and you could pretty much stop a war in its tracks. Wow.
2. When I go to bed at night I wear earplugs, an eyemask, a retainer, and sometimes pink pimple medicine. Unfortunately for my husband, he didn’t realize this until after we moved in together. Heh-heh-heh.(evil laugh)
3. When I was in first grade I won my first writing contest. My first published piece (in a book of children’s poems) was a song that went like this: (sung to the tune of “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”)
Blow, blow, blow your nose.
Blow it good and clear.
Get Mr. Cold Germ out of there, and bring him out here.
4. The Llama Race is my favorite holiday of the year! Every July, my family and a bunch of friends from Colorado dress up in costumes and race llamas on a three-plus mile trek through the mountains and across rivers.
5. My family members are some of my best friends, and my best friends are a part of my family. Fortunately everyone in my life agrees to go along with this!
7. I think that being a mom is single-handedly the most exhausting, frustrating, disgusting, frightening and wonderful thing in the world. I think you have to be a parent to understand how that could possibly be true.
All right, now for the nominations. This is a bit tougher for me. I don’t get to read as many blogs as I would like (too busy talking about myself and being random) But when I do get the time, here are a few of my favs:
Some cool blogs written by moms. They are all different, and each wonderful in its own way:
I am not divorced, nice, or Jewish but I still find this blog profound and very funny.
You may remember these blogs from my ABC Award. But they are still awesome, and if you haven’t read them… do so now.
It’s nice to read a blog from a dad’s perspective. Here are a few great daddy blogs: